Sunday, June 3

hey big spender...

Okay so maybe I am pointing to the wrong side of the menu in that picture, but I am now 21. Weird? Sure.

I just spent the whole week with my wonderful husband in myrtle beach and it was WONDERFUL. Being with Matt is probably my favorite thing in the world to do. We got to relax all week and not worry about anything, not even the fact that a week from now I will be in New York and Matt will be in New Jersey away from me! That couldn't even bring me down! We spent some lazy days out on the sand just soakin' up the sun and it was beautiful. Some highlights of the trip:

1. Finally getting a tan...ish. So maybe the first thing that my dad said to me when we got home was "you are still white!" but hey at least I am LESS white than I was before. I was totally safe about protecting my skin from those DEADLY UV rays by using some good ol' SPF 30. This may or may  not have affected how much color my skin actually got, but hey, at least I don't have skin cancer. AND there is forreal a distinct difference in coloring from where my skin was covered and where it was not so I consider that a success. Let's not even mention how Matt is like..completely bronzed.

2. Remember how my birthday was yesterday?! DUH! Of course this is a highlight! Matt and I went to the pirate's voyage dinner show for my birthday dinner and it was so so fun. Basically it was like a pirate game show with some cool water/light/animal effects. It was neato. And fun. And it made us remember that Matt indeed is a pirate because a few weeks ago our nephew, Sam, dubbed him Lover Boy Pirate. I can't believe we had forgotten that!

3. This may or may not be a highlight, but it was funny nonetheless. We got locked out of the beach house after my birthday dinner. We had locked the door from the inside before we left, but neither of us had grabbed the keys. We didn't realize we were locked out until we drove up to the house and Matt looked at me and said "did you have the keys?" I thought he had dropped them at the outlet mall that we had spent most of the day at, but nope! Turns out we left them inside on the counter so we had to call the rental company that rents the house and a guy had to come and unlock the door for us.

4. We went to steak n shake and there were two waitresses there from eastern Europe! Matt got to speak to them in Russian and Ukrainian. It was cool to hear them speaking even though I didn't understand it (okay, I could pick out some words because I have heard Matt say them to me).  It was so neat! I love it when Matt gets a chance to speak his language to anyone because he just lights up. I'm glad he got to serve there. 

5. Spending time at the beach is always fun. I just love that we were able to go to the beach and not worry about anything. Sitting on the beach and reading is one of my very favorite things to do and I finished a whole book while we were there!

Basically it was an awesome week leading up to an awesome birthday. My husband is wonderful and spoiled me with lots of presents. I love him. It was just really special that we got to go to the beach for a week and have it just be me and him. I'm glad we got to have this trip before he goes for his internship. It was PERRRRFECT and just what we needed!


2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a terrific week and a happy birthday! What book did you finish? Is it one from the Talley library? Be sure to read "The Walk" books because Shannon wants to read them later this year!

    Have fun in New York and again HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading The Walk right this very moment! I finished reading Redeeming Love and I really liked it.

    ReplyDelete