Saturday, June 16

week one down

This is the story of how one married couple survives being separated for three months. The odds seem impossible, but somehow they will make it. It starts with the boy moving to Princeton, New Jersey to start a summer long internship at the university doing super cool stuff that the girl doesn't fully understand, and with the girl taking a trip to NYC with her wonderful sisters. What happens next? The rest is yet to come. Stay tuned for the story and how it unfurls....


This is how we looked when we left each other on Sunday. Matt flew to Princeton and I drove to NY with Chelsea and Shelby. It was really sad leaving Matt, but it didn't really feel like he was leaving me for three months. I kept thinking "he will be home when I get back from my trip," but I am home now and Matt is still in Jersey. Bleh. Luckily I had an AWESOME trip with  my sisters and cousin to keep me distracted because goodness knows I probably would have been a wreck without that trip. My adjustment period of being away from him was spent in the big apple, could it have been any better? (well maybe if it hadn't been an adjustment period and matt had actually been in the big apple with me..but that's besides the point). 

Matt is really liking his internship. This past week he hasn't done that much besides sit in lectures for orientation purposes, but he still likes it there nonetheless. He is really getting along with his roommates and he has even had discussions about the gospel with them, so that's pretty cool. I am glad that he has made friends. It makes me not so worried about him. He has already played basketball and ultimate frisbee with them, so he is having fun.

For the last week these are the three pictures I have had from Matt to get me through not seeing him:
This is part of the Princeton campus. It is SO pretty. This is what our conversation consisted of when I got this picture:
Matt: Hey look! (picture enclosed)
Me: Is that where you live?!!?
Matt: No that is just on campus
Me: That looks so cool husband! Are you just walking around?
Matt: Yep. It is all pretty classic looking
Me: I want to live in a place that looks just like that!

We will see if that actually happens or not.


What is that you ask?
It is plasma. Yup..it's proven..my husband is a smarty pants because he made that. WHAT!? Yeah, he made it. It's plasma. So crazy. He sent me that picture and my reaction was "what the heck?" He explained it to me later. Basically he said it is like the stuff that is in a fluorescent light. So...cool! I still don't understand exactly how it is made. He explained it to me and I know it has something to do with electrons and them multiplying..or something like that..yeah. Ask him if you really want to know. I just think it is cool that he gets to do this stuff and that he really gets excited about it! The caption that went along with this picture was this: "ooooooooo look at this"
my response was:
"what is that?"
his response:
"a plasma that i made! :D"
I'm glad he likes that stuff.

And this:
He's a cutie. I sent him a picture of a cart in a mall that sold a ton of Russian nesting dolls because he loves those and has some real ones from Ukraine at our apartment in Utah and my caption was "for you!" and He responded with this picture and the caption of "oh thanks. for you!"

I love that man. We skyped last night for a couple of hours just catching up on everything because by the time I got back to the hotel in NYC this past week he had already gone to bed so I didn't get to talk to him. It was so good to see him and talk to him and hear his voice. After getting through this week without him with me I have decided: 

I think we can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment