Monday, September 8

Keeping up with the Talleys

A lot can happen in a year, and a lot has. Seeing how I haven't written anything on this blog for OVER a year I figured it was about time to update it. That and Matt asked me last night why I haven't written anything. I guess he likes to read the blog or something :] So...here goes!
 
Matt went back to school.
 
I drove Shelby out to college! And got a job at Banana Republic.
 
We went to Ohio for Christmas and had tons of fun. During that time we saw Matt's family and went to AMISH COUNTRY!
 
I went to Utah for my best friends wedding and witnessed two beautiful people being sealed for time and all eternity in a wonderful loving relationship. Love them.
 
Matt got called to work with the 11 year olds in our ward. He does activities with 11 year old scouts on Wednesday nights and teaches Sunday school to all of the 11 year olds on Sundays.
 
I coordinated a service project with the youth in my ward at church. I volunteer at a place called Interact that provides services to women and children dealing with domestic violence. I work with the children's groups. At these groups the kids get snacks, but they only have snacks when people donate them. We asked the members of our ward to donate snacks and created snack packs for the children at Interact! The girls loved it.
 
We went to the temple with my family and did temple ordinances for my dad's side of the family. We were able to seal my dad to his parents! One of the sweetest experiences of my life. Shelby was able to be there and it was so neat to have my whole family in the Lord's temple.
 
 
We hung out with Abram and Wendy and the little kiddies and realized that children absolutely LOVE Matt (he believes it's because he acts like one of them).
 
I planned an awesome youth activity where we decorated cakes to look like stories from the Book of Mormon. If you haven't read any of them, check it out!
 
I got a job and quit that job at Childtime Learning Center working with two year olds. It's a daycare. I loved the little kids. Management was horrendous and I couldn't stand working there.  It was a bad environment and since I left I found out that at least 3 other people have quit all because management was awful.
 
Matt got me beautiful Birkenstocks for my 23rd birthday!
 
We celebrated 4 years of marriage, and how wonderful it has been.
 
 
 
I attended another Girl's Camp with the young women from church. I was with the 14 and 15 year olds and it was so much fun.
 
 
We went to Hilton Head with Matt's family. I got a little burnt, Matt got a little tan, and we all had a whole lot of fun!
 
Matt studied all summer for his PhD qualifying exam and took the test. He finds out his results sometime this week probably. It was a rough test. Now he is working on his thesis. Always a busy boy!
 
I seriously considered going back to school at Pfeiffer University for Marriage and Family Therapy, but after going to an information session decided it wasn't for me. The program was right, but the school was wrong. Now I am just studying for the GRE to prepare me for applying to my dream school/program in Utah.
 
I went on a camping trip with the young women and we rode down the Virginia Creeper Bike Trail. So. Much. Fun.
 
 
I had an interview with Interact about a potential job! I should hear back from them within the next two weeks. It went well and could lead to an awesome job in the field I want to be in.
 
We went to a Durham Bulls baseball game.
 
 
annnnnnnnnnd...I got a haircut!
 
That's pretty much everything that has been going on. Hopefully I will have exciting news about Matt passing his qualifying exam and me getting a new job soon.

2 comments: