Saturday, April 16

Russia and horses

Tonight Matt had yet another party for his class, russian 202 or something like that. They all met at his teachers house here in Provo and he just do happened to have horses! So guess who got to ride some horses this weekend? I did!
Oh yeah...Matt did too!

The best part of it all was that while I was riding the horse he totally stopped and pooped. At first I didn't realize what he was doing so I tried to get him to go again, but then I heard everyone laughing and I yelled "are you pooping!" It was pretty hilarious. Matt told me that I ride a horse like a wounded person because my body was really relaxed and I was sort of leaning back and then he said, "No, it was more like a drunk person." Oh how I love my husband. He rode with his back super straight though, so we had a good time imitating what the other person looked like while they rode.
After we rode the horses we went inside and ate some fancy russian food! It was really cool to experience another culture like that. I'm glad we went. I got to try a lot of new foods that Matt had always told me about because he had them when he was in Ukraine. Like borsh!
He warned me that I probably would not like it, and from this picture it looks pretty gnarly, but it was actually pretty good! It has beets and potatoes and sometimes meat in it. It's basically just a soup filled with stuff. It was good, I couldn't eat very much of it though because before I had that I stuffed my face with some Perizhki or however you spell it which is like a pastry filled with potatoes. So basically I just had a bunch of potatoes tonight and it was wonderful! They also had little stuffed animals that sang Russian songs that were apparently characters from a Russian TV show. All in all tonight was pretty rocking. I love that my husband has experienced another culture like that and I can't wait for the day that we get to go back and visit Russia and Ukraine together. That will be so awesome.

1 comment: