Sunday, May 8

oh what a beautiful mother

I love this day. I love this mommy. I love that today I get to tell how wonderful she is and how much I want to be like her. I should probably tell her these things more often, but I think that is part of the reason why we have a day set aside specifically to do so because a lot of people tend to forget.
My mom is truly amazing. She has done so much for me in my life. She was always there to help me in high school when I would get so stressed out that I just needed to cry and she is still for me when I need to do that. When I was worried about if I would be a good wife or not she was there for me to talk to because she was the ultimate example of what a good wife is. She also gives the BEST hugs. When I never wanted hugs from anyone else I would always gladly accept a hug from my mom. Sometimes I still call her telling her I just wish I could have a hug from her because it just feels safe. I love her. She has always supported me in everything that I do and she is always willing and ready to fly out to Utah anytime I have some event that she feels needs supporting (like when I was in a Mask Club). When I got married she even drove all the way up to Ohio by herself just for one night so that I would have someone at our Open House that I would know.
To put it plainly my wonderful mommy has been there for me through thick and thin and I will always be grateful for everything she has taught me. It is awesome to talk to her on the phone now, realizing all the amazing things that she has done for me, because I can finally let her know that I realize how much she has sacrificed for me and how much she loves me because I couldn't really see it when I was younger. I'm sure I will be even more grateful for my mom when I have kids of my own and I am sure now that I still don't realize all that she has done for me (oh momma, I am definitely crying right now). I love my mom so much. One of my favorite things about her is that if you get her laughing hard enough about something she will totally cry from laughing so hard :]

She is the ultimate example of a woman that cares for everyone that she knows. I wanna be just like her when I grow up! To my mother: I love you very much. With all my heart, even. I am so blessed to have had you as the woman that raised me. You have done so much for me and our family and for all the people around you. You are such a loving a caring person and you have helped make me who I am today and I only hope to be as wonderful as you are some day. Thank you for always being there for me and thank you for always loving everyone no matter who they are or what they have done. I can say that you are someone that exhibits Christ-like love and that is something that I need and wish that I had. When us kids tell you that you are a wonderful mom you always tell us "oh it's because I have such great children" it shows us how much you really love us, but really..we couldn't be great without a great mom like you always loving and supporting us. 
To sum it up:



And to all you current and future moms out there [including those that are not related to me]: thank you for what you do. Being a mom is one of the most honorable and sacred things you will ever do in your life and it is something that will bring you such happiness and many blessings. I am thankful for all the moms out there and for what wonderful things they do. Hopefully when I am a mom I will have a kid that will write me a blog post like this..or who will be thankful for all the things that I do for them. Until then: thank you moms and thank you Mom :] Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment