Monday, January 30

Gather together

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."
-Matthew 18:20

As long as Matt and I gather together in the Lord's name, He will be with us in our marriage. What a comfort.

Sometimes it's cool to study the scriptures and find meaning in something that I probably would have just grazed over. Honestly, my first thought when I read it was, "oh hey! missionaries travel in twos all the time, I should share that with Natalie, so she will feel comforted while she is doing the Lord's work." But then I thought, "hmmm...how could this apply to me?" and duh! Marriage is a bond between a man and a woman that love each other. Two people. Hopefully it's something that all us married people can apply in our marriages. And hopefully, it's something that people who aren't married yet, but will be soon, can remember.


In other news:
This is a brain. Well..part of a brain. See all those labeled places? I know what they are and what they do! I also know other a bunch of other places in the brain and what they are for and it's so stinkin' cool!

Also, I am currently watching the Bachelor. I love and hate this show. I think it is so dumb that every time he has a one on one conversation with a girl it goes something like this:
"I am so glad that I am here"
"Me too."
"That date was the best date I have ever been on."
"Me too."
"I just feel like I can really talk to you"
"I know. We have really good conversations."
AND THEN THEY MAKE OUT. What? Am I the only one that sees...that is not a real conversation!? There is more than just physical attraction and being a good kisser to being in a relationship. And don't even get me started on the fact that he went skinny dipping with one of the girls. How dumb. But...I can't help watching the show. I just want to know who is going to end up with him. Oh silly TV.

1 comment:

  1. totally agree with your bachelor recap- it is so awkward when they do that

    ReplyDelete