Saturday, March 3

We're headin' to the Jersey Shore


Okay so maybe it's not the Jersey Shore, but it's basically the next best thing, right?

Let me just brag on my husband a bit. Matt is a smarty pants, and as such, he can basically do whatever he wants. So at the beginning of the semester he was all "I wanna do an internship and I'm gonna get one because everyone loves me and I am a smarty pants and I get what I want" (side note: maybe Matt doesn't actually talk like this at all...maybe). 

My smarty pants husband applied for an internship at Princeton University to work with plasma to help him on his chosen career path of nuclear engineering.

On Friday my smarty pants husband got an email from the Princeton people saying that he is such a smarty pants that if he hadn't applied for the internship they would have hunted him down and made him be their intern because he is just that smart (side note: maybe Princeton did not actually say that...maybe)! But they definitely did say this: 
"This is a highly competitive program that will allow you to do research with some of the best scientists in the world. Your selection is commendable and we hope that you will decide to take advantage of this unique undergraduate research opportunity."

Basically, Matt=super smart and amazing and Princeton=wants to work with my husband. AH! SO COOL!

WHICH MEANS:
1. I will be about an hour away from NEW YORK CITAAAAAAY!!!!!
2. I will be about 5 and a half hours away from Palmyra, New York, which is where this happens: 
The Hill Cumorah Pageant
and which is where my best friend, Natalie Raines, will be serving as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and where 3 of my friends from work will be part of the pageant, and where my sister could potentially be an assistant stage manager for the whole production!
3. I will only be about 9 hours away from North Carolina, instead of the current 1 day and 11 hours from Utah.
4. I will only be about 8 hours away from Ohio, instead of the current 1 day and 4 hours from Utah.
5. I will be seeing this:
on Broadway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DREAM COME TRUE!
6. And last but not least..I will get to be living in a place other than Utah for the whole entire Summer! Yes PLEASE.


This summer is basically going to be amazing. I am so stoked. We could have ended up in New Mexico, Tennessee, or heaven forbid, Idaho, but I think that Jersey is where we are supposed to be, especially since that is where I have been praying we would end up (mainly so I could see Newsies on Broadway).

Now all I gots to do is get through this semester, rock all my classes, and hopefully survive the Relief Society lesson that I am teaching tomorrow. YIKES!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the blog McKenna...made my otherwise dreadfully boring day on crutches quite delightful. Yes, you did marry a smartypants...did you know that when you married him? I am super excited to have you just hours away and am jealous that you get to see newsies! But maybe I will come to New York and we can see something together too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! You'll have a blast.

    Good luck on your lesson tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Matt (and you!). I went to register Dominic for preK the other day at the same preschool Matt and I attended. Some of the same teachers were still there and one told me they remembered Matt sitting on the rug and barking all through the presentation for parents' day. I had to laugh. Matt seems to have done alright for himself so don't worry if one day you have kids who bark when they're supposed to be singing and presenting. They're really just too smart for all that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Other than the the bash towards the state where I was born and raised... I loved this, and I'm so excited for you! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations to you and your smarty pants husband! what a great opportunity and enjoy the newsies on broadway

    ReplyDelete