Thursday, August 30

I've been everywhere, man

1. Visiting with Matt's family in Ohio before going to NC. We went to Gracie's (Matt's little sister) track meet. It rained and got cancelled, though.
2. We had to leave Ohio earlier than expected because my grandma passed away. Matt and I drove to Georgia with my family, which is where my grandma grew up, and we went to the funeral. My family gathered at my Aunt Jean's house. We used to go there a lot when I was little.
3. I spent the majority of my summer in NC. I went sailing with Matt, Shelby, Zach & Alyssa. It was one of the fun activities we tried to fit in before Matt left for Princeton.
4. Matt and I went to the beach the weekend before he left for Princeton.
5. The same day Matt left for Princeton, my sisters and I left for New York Citaaaay! We did a bunch of fun stuff there and we met up with our cousin, Stephanie. It was such a fun trip. We saw three shows on Broadway: Peter and the Starcatchers, War Horse, and NEWSIES! The whole trip was planned because we HAD to see the original cast of  Newsies on Broadway. We grew up watching it.
6. After our NYC trip, my sisters and I drove to Boston to check out Boston University to see if Chelsea wanted to go to grad school there. She decided against it, but it was a fun little trip.
7. I was separated from Matt for a whole 13 days before I couldn't take it anymore and I had to drive up to Princeton to visit him. It's only a 9 hour drive..by myself..no big deal. It was our 2-year anniversary so it was really great to get to spend time with him.
8. I went to the beach again one weekend with my family and one of Shelby's best friends, Natalie. I was only there for the weekend because of work, but they stayed for a whole week!
9. My whole family went up to New York for the Hill Cumorah Pageant in Palmyra, NY. My sister was the assistant stage manager for the pageant, so we went up to support her. Also, my best friend is serving a mission for the LDS Church in Rochester, so we were able to visit with her! I drove to Princeton to pick up Matt because his professors were nice enough to give him a few days off, and then we drove to Palmyra to meet up with my family for the weekend.
10. Since we were already in New York, we all decided to go to Niagara Falls! We went on the Maid of the Mist and it was INSANE. We were on the front of the boat, and got totally drenched. 
11. My sister has lived in Georgia for around 2 years and I have never been able to visit her. So, on a whim I decided to go visit her before she started school (she's a middle school drama teacher)! While I was there I got to help her clean out her storage closet in her classroom, meet her wonderful boyfriend, and go see Peter Pan starring Kathy Rigby at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta!
12. I went to the beach one more time with my family before I left to go back to school and I got to see Abram, Wendy, Sam, and Savannah!
13. Before coming out to Utah, I met up with Matt in Ohio so we could visit with his family one last time. While we were there, we decided to go to Kirtland because there are a lot of sites there that have to do with Church History. It was really nice to go on a little trip with just me and Matt after being separated for the whole summer. 
14. On our drive back to Utah we went through Wyoming and we got to see some of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen in my entire life. 

Provo, UT
It feels good to be home. I'm glad to have our little life back, even if it means going back to school. Truthfully, I missed it. Mostly I just missed being with my husband and having a routine and our traditions...like going to breakfast at Kneaders on the first day of school :]

No comments:

Post a Comment