Sunday, October 21

Change

My husband got accepted to grad school!!
Oh heyyyyyyy next phase of my life, you showed up rather quickly!

Now, he hasn't chosen a school yet, but it is exciting to have his first acceptance letter...especially when grad school is ridiculously hard to get into the first time around. In case you didn't know, though, my husband is a smarty pants. What school accepted him you ask? None other than good ol' NC STATE!! To the Nuclear Engineering PhD program!!! Before you get too excited, though, remember that I didn't say he has decided to go there yet. He applied to other places as well, and we are waiting to hear back from them. Basically right now, though, our top choices are between NC State and University of Michigan. Which is nice because either way we will be close to at least one of our families! 

What about me? Wellllll...I am planning on going to grad school, too! The places that Matt applied to have really good social work programs, too. And, all of Matt's programs start sooner than mine do, so Matt will have heard back from everywhere before I even get to apply. It kind of helps me know which ones I should be applying to, so I don't waste money applying to somewhere that Matt wasn't accepted to (but, honestly? who is gonna reject that pretty face?). It will just be cool to be going to school somewhere other than BYU. It will be a totally new experience. Nothing is set in stone..I mean who says I am guaranteed to get accepted? But it is guaranteed that we will be out of the bubble of Provo and growing up. That is the most exciting.


Bring on the change.

1 comment: